Help

Re: How do I Copy and Paste rows from one base to another?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1410 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elite_Dance_Stu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have 6 air table bases that are duplicated. I added a section to the base the 1st base with several new rows. Now I’d like to copy and paste the rows into the other 5 bases for our company classes. Can you tell me how to do this or point me towards a tutorial? thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Elite_Dance_Studio!

Can you please explain why you have 6 duplicated bases, and why you need to copy and paste the exact same information across 6 bases? This typically isn’t the best way to setup a database system.

However, if it is something that you really need to do on a regular basis, your #1 best bet is to automate this process with Integromat or Zapier.

If this is just a one-time thing, you can copy and paste rows of data between bases (or between tables) by making sure that both tables have the EXACT SAME COLUMNS in the EXACT SAME ORDER from left-to-right. That’s the most important thing to setup.

Then, back in your first table, check the checkboxes in the leftmost column to highlight all the rows that you want to copy. On your keyboard, press command-c on Mac (or control-c on Windows) to copy the rows.

Then, switch to your destination table, click into the very first column of a blank/empty row and press command-v (or control-v) to paste.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Elite_Dance_Studio!

Can you please explain why you have 6 duplicated bases, and why you need to copy and paste the exact same information across 6 bases? This typically isn’t the best way to setup a database system.

However, if it is something that you really need to do on a regular basis, your #1 best bet is to automate this process with Integromat or Zapier.

If this is just a one-time thing, you can copy and paste rows of data between bases (or between tables) by making sure that both tables have the EXACT SAME COLUMNS in the EXACT SAME ORDER from left-to-right. That’s the most important thing to setup.

Then, back in your first table, check the checkboxes in the leftmost column to highlight all the rows that you want to copy. On your keyboard, press command-c on Mac (or control-c on Windows) to copy the rows.

Then, switch to your destination table, click into the very first column of a blank/empty row and press command-v (or control-v) to paste.

Hope this helps! If this answers your question, could you please mark this comment as the solution to your question? This will help other people who have a similar question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the explanation. I’ve set up an attendance roster. 1 base for each day of a summer camp. Sounds like this was not the best option. I’ll watch some of the tutorials so I can get more familiar with AirTable.

Yeah, definitely not the best way to set that up.

In the simplest form, all you would need to do is create another table called “Camp Days” to keep track of attendance for each day. Each record would be its own unique day, and you would add a “linked record” field to link to the campers from the “Campers” table who showed up on that day.

In a more complex scenario, you would create a 3rd table as a “join table” in between the “Campers“ table and the “Camp Days” table to create an “Attendance” table. Each record in the attendance table would link to one unique camper and one unique date. That way, you could keep track of camper-specific information for each day of attendance.

p.s. If you need to hire an Airtable consultant to help you with setting up your system, please feel free to send me a private message.