1018 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Annamarie_Pluha
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I think I should be able to do this but I’m not sure how. (I’m definitely an AT beginner!) I have a base for managing summer rentals. I’m pretty much treating it as a spreadsheet with each record a tenant name and then a bunch of info in fields… Lease, total rent, deposit, deposit received, etc. I’ve used this base for two years. I have a formula for figuring the lodging tax BUT it has changed this year. 1) I don’t want to change the formula since that will impact my records for the last two years 2) how do I set up AT so that I can reflect changing tax rates over the years? I think I should have a another sheet that calculates the tax and then pulls it into my main sheet based on the year I’m working in. create a table for the taxes and then a lookup formula? I’m not clear on how to do that. On the main sheet is a column that is empty which is where I think I should be pulling in the tax info…?
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 7.44.20 AM
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 7.44.33 AM
Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 7.45.22 AM

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

What you’ve created with the Short-term Lodging Tax table looks good to me

I think if I were you I’d create a link between that table and the Lease/Deposit Status table and link the right year’s tax to each Lease/Deposit Status record, and then use a lookup field to pull the percentage over

I would then use said percentage for the calculations in the Lease/Deposit Status table

Creating the links between each record can be automated as well if you’d like

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

What you’ve created with the Short-term Lodging Tax table looks good to me

I think if I were you I’d create a link between that table and the Lease/Deposit Status table and link the right year’s tax to each Lease/Deposit Status record, and then use a lookup field to pull the percentage over

I would then use said percentage for the calculations in the Lease/Deposit Status table

Creating the links between each record can be automated as well if you’d like

Annamarie_Pluha

Great… got it figured out with your comment above and one from AT support. I FINALLY am getting the linking between sheets… that’s of course the magic!