Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raeno19
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

raeno19_0-1680014945448.png

For a table as shown above, where only field "item nu" and "Scale" have distinct values for each row while other fields share the same information, how can I automatically fill in the other fields with the common information as shown below? I understand that I can select and drag, but when it's a large table imported from google sheet, is there anyway to automate this?

raeno19_1-1680015092879.png

Another question is, if I want to keep one row for each SKU which will put multiple item nu/Scale in one cell, is there anyway to still keep the one-to-one connection between item nu and Scale?

Thank you all in advance! 

1 Reply 1

> how can I automatically fill in the other fields with the common information as shown below?

I would:
1. Select the value that I want pasted into the column
2. Click the field header, which selects the entire column
3. Hit CMD / CTRL + V, which should paste into the entire column

And I'd use filters to hide whatever records don't match what I want to paste

> Another question is, if I want to keep one row for each SKU which will put multiple item nu/Scale in one cell, is there anyway to still keep the one-to-one connection between item nu and Scale?

Hm, so the SKU doesn't have a Scale value, only the "Item Nu" records have a Scale value?  If so, what if you moved the "Scale" field to the "Item Nu" table, and then used a lookup field in the SKU table to display the linked Scale values?  Would that work?