1356 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb_obm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm building a simple CRM for a dog walker who offers walks in 10-packs. I'm getting confused with how to track these 10-packs.

My first thought was to create a Walks table with 10 columns (Walk1, Walk2, ..., Walk10) and the date of each walk would be populated as it happens and there would be a formula field to count how many of those columns had been populated so we know how many walks have been completed. But the dog walker herself is not very techy, and to avoid her having to go into the base, I'd like if she could use a form to simply select the dog's name and write in the date of the walk. I have an Owners table and a Dogs table, and I know how to create a form where she can select which dog it is from a drop-down, but I'm getting stuck with where/how the walk dates should be stored. I appreciate any tips, thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Maybe something like this? Slight variation on the above 🙂 Takes 3 tables, but that will allow better record keeping. Popped it together over my tea 😉 Feel free to copy it!

https://airtable.com/shraRoUIaoFacuE5s 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

If I were you I'd create a "Walks" table where each record would represent one walk, and your user could then submit the form like you said and select the date and the dog

I'd also create a "Packages" table where each record represented a package sold, and it would be linked to a record in Owner as well as each of the "Walks" records so that I could calculate how many walks had been done within that package, probably power it with an automation to link the Walks records to the appropriate Package record

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Maybe something like this? Slight variation on the above 🙂 Takes 3 tables, but that will allow better record keeping. Popped it together over my tea 😉 Feel free to copy it!

https://airtable.com/shraRoUIaoFacuE5s 

cb_obm

@TheTimeSavingCo @Shannon_Bradley 

Thank you both so much, this is exactly what I needed!