Help

If same attached document/image in two tables within the base - does it double the size of the base?

Topic Labels: Base design
656 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wondering if anybody knows… (I could try this to see what happens but AirTable is bit slow calculating the space used, can’t see the change to size of database right away…)

Example 1: Have Table 1 with record A,B,C with image/documents attached. I’ll create a second different table Table 2 with records X,Y,Z and I will upload in the Table 2 the same images/documents that are already attached in Table 1.

Example 2: Have Table 1 with record A,B,C with images attached. I’ll create a second different table with records X,Y,Z and I will use the same images attached I have already attached in Table 1. I will copy past the images from Table 1 to Table 2

Example 3: Have Table 1 with record A,B,C with images attached. I’ll create a second different table with LINKED records X,Y,Z and I by using lookup function I will show the same images in Table 2 I have already attached in Table 1.

Question is - will either of these examples lead to doubling of the base size (since it’s exactly same image/document)?

0 Replies 0