cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkS17
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm wondering if there's a workaround to import data into linked fields. For example, I'm importing monthly salary information to a data table and the employee name corresponds to the primary field of a different table. Airtable only imports the non-linked fields.

Would it be possible to import the employee name as a different field then run a script to create the linked record ? Or any other ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, if you're importing CSVs, the CSV Import extension allows you to import into linked fields

Otherwise, if the employee names are a 1:1 match to the other table, you could try just copy pasting the values from the employee name field into the linked field which would create the links immediately

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, if you're importing CSVs, the CSV Import extension allows you to import into linked fields

Otherwise, if the employee names are a 1:1 match to the other table, you could try just copy pasting the values from the employee name field into the linked field which would create the links immediately

Thanks Adam, I didn't realise this is so straightforward with extension !