Help

Is there a way to concatenate and keep links?

Topic Labels: Base design
983 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sonja_Owens
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Having a lot of fun setting up my table, but in setting it up I’ve needed to spread out info over several sets of linked cells (in order to help with what is essentially inventory). So on my main inventory page, for one item I have several columns that each essentially point to different projects the items are used in. I would like to have all of that combined in one cell, but of course the concatenate feature removes those links.

Is there a way to concatenate the linked cells in such a way to keep them as expandable links?

1 Reply 1

Hello and welcome to the Community @Sonja_Owens!

We currently do not support concatenating linked records together into a single field without that record losing its ability to link to other tables(the record name which just be text as you pointed out).

I do recommend playing around with creating views to selectively hide and view certain linked records fields in certain views to draw attention to the most important records for your different workflows. I recommend also taking a look at our guide on combining multiple tables to see if maybe some linked records on your table could be represented with single or multi select fields.

Let me know if I can help provide any more information, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .