956 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KVuncannon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table with possibly thousands of time entries from various personnel. Those records will be linked to hundreds of tasks.

I have a Pro plan. My questions are:

• What is the limit on the number of records in a table or in a base? (How long can I expect to use a system like this for time tracking)
  • What is the limit on the number of records that can be linked from one table to a record in a one-to-many relationship (e.g., thousands of time entry records over the course of years linked to a single task or project record in another table)

I'd hate to go through and create a system, just to find out later that I can't link time entry records to a project that goes on for a year, or that I've done "too much of this" over the course of several project records cumulatively within one table. (if that makes sense)

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

> What is the limit on the number of records in a table or in a base? (How long can I expect to use a system like this for time tracking)

On a Pro plan, each base can have 50,000 records

> What is the limit on the number of records that can be linked from one table to a record in a one-to-many relationship (e.g., thousands of time entry records over the course of years linked to a single task or project record in another table)

There is no limit, but I've seen discussions on potential lagginess though.  From my own experience, I didn't notice much lag from having a few thousand records linked to one single record, but it's pretty subjective so your YMMV

KVuncannon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for the feedback. I haven't taken into consideration the latency factor. Curious if anyone else has any anecdotal experience with latency in Airtable.