1074 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Polus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I link table entries to another table I get these boring gray boxes with the linked record. It gives me no information other than the name.

It would be great if I could, in the formatting tab of that link, choose a view from which it should get the color information.

Example:
When I have tasks with a complete field in another table and I link these tasks in my project. I could create a color coding in my tasks table: Done tasks are green. In Progress tasks are yellow. Not started tasks are red.

Tasks

Now in the project table, in the link column, I would say: Take the colors of this one view that has the colors. Now the grey boxes would be green, yellow and red, depending on their color in the other table and I would have a huge informational boost at a glance. See this mockup.

Project View

4 Replies 4

I’d love the option for this too - I think this would be a Product Suggestion @Chris_Polus

Chris_Polus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks. Yes, good point. Can I move this post to product suggestions somehow? To be honest I wanted to put it in a “product suggestion” forum but I didn’t suspect it to be in “Show and Tell”. Now I know it’s there.

But I can’t seem to move my original post there. Probably too late.

mattd
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

plus one-ing this 3 years after it was created

visi-nicky
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from 2024!