583 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leena_Chpudhary
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Table 1- Stakeholder’s Directory is my database for all the internal & external stakeholders (Here they are not linked to any Project). Example of detail I enter here is as follows-
Stakeholder name
Email,
Company,
Department,
Role,
Level

Table 2 - Internal Stakeholder information only
List of all the Internal Stakeholders linked to different Projects.
Here I enter each Internal stakeholders name, with whom I have interacted with against the different Project. I also enter Kind of engagement done with these stakeholders. Example of detail -
Stakeholder Name
Company
Role
Department
Kind of Engagement with them

Table 3- Achievements detail of Projects. This is list of achievements for different Projects. I also enter information here about Stakeholders I have contacted, date contacted on and kind of interaction. Example of detail-
Achievements
Subtask
Stakeholders contacted

Link and Interaction between tables-

Table 1 & 2
I have successfully linked Table 1 and 2. While working on Table 2, I can pull the relevant Stakeholder information (Name & Role, department) from table 1 and can also add other information like Kind of interaction done by adding new column in Table 2. If I add a new Stakeholders name this also get update in Table 1.

Table 1, 2 & 3
While working on Table 3, I want to enter Stakeholders names against the achievement and want it to get updated in table 2 and Table 1 at the same time.

Here it gets Tricky. If I want to fill up information from Table 3 only, I cannot do it easily, I see all the information from the table 1 & 2 (Look up fields, Hidden fields) before filling up the relevant information inn relevant columns.

Looking forward to suggestions.

3 Replies 3
Williams_Innova
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Leena_Chpudhary,

I have a question here.

1. Why the separation of Tables 1 & 2 and not using views to separate in one table?

If you are set on the separation asked above, I recommend using another look-up to go from Table 2 to Table 1 that would pull the same info as a look-up from Table 3 to Table 2. Those will update at the same time and should give you what you want, provided I understand your application correctly from your description.

Thanks,
Chris

Thank you for replying.

In my Team, different Projects are being handled. And same clients can be approached for different Projects on different dates.

If I combine information of Table 1 & 2. I have to enter name of same stakeholder twice may be thrice with different date (date on which he got contacted) and different Project.

Do you use anything to distinguish one project form another like a project number?