cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Seth_Lloyd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey everyone,

In table #1, I need to create a field that calculates a SUM(values) rollup of the costs associated to records in another table (let’s call it table #2). I created a linked field that links table #1 to table #2, but is there a way to link to all the records in table #2? Let’s say the records in table #2 are labeled “A” “B” “C” etc… I would like a field in table #1 to link to all the records in table #2 that are labeled “A.” But there could be hundreds of them theoretically, so manually linking them isn’t feasible. I’ve tried copying the values into the linked field, but it only returns one link in each field instead of all the records that match. So instead of summing the values in all the records labeled A in table #2, I just get one of the costs in table #2. Sorry if that description isn’t clear! This seems a bit complicated to describe! I’m essentially trying to replicate the function of a Match/Index/Sum formula in Airtable!

3 Replies 3
Eli_Kent
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Can you just create a view in table #2 of all the records labeled “A”? At the bottom of the window, AT gives you options to sum, count, average etc. all the records in each field in the particular view.

Yes I can, and I’ve done that. What I’m missing though, is a way to view the total cost for “A” next to information in table #1, like a target budget amount for example. The end goal is to easily view and calculate the difference

Oh. Interesting. Actually, come to think about it, I’m interested in the same thing. Watching.