206 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geogirl
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Can someone tell me if there is a way to select several tables at once to move them? For example, when creating new tables, they are automatically placed at the very end of all existing tables. We have a lot of tables in our base, and I often have to create more, usually many at a time.  If I need them to be located at the beginning, or at the top (of the table list), it can take time I don't have time to move them one by one. It seems like it would be a pretty basic function that you would be able to select more than one table at a time in the table list and drag them up to the top of the table list, or select more than one table's tab and move them over all at one time. I've done searches, but cannot find an answer. What am I missing? Thanks.

4 Replies 4
jsep

This functionality is not available in Airtable. However, you can use the shortcut Ctrl + j (Cmd + j for Mac) to quickly search and select a table. Also, you can move it.

chrome-capture-2024-3-11.gif

if you need help with other things, feel free to schedule a 15min call with me.

geogirl

Thank you for your help.

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @geogirl 
If the response of @jsep solves your issues and it's helps you then mark it as a solution.
It inspires airtable community members to post more solutions.

👍

geogirl

It helped in the sense that I now know I cannot move multiple tables at once. I have 130 tables in one base and growing. So finding one table to move it to the front of 130 others doesn't really solve the issue, but it does let me know I'm not missing something basic. Should I still mark as "Accept as Solution"?