481 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indianapolis_Gr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m sure there is a simple solution, but I’m kind of stuck thinking through it.

We have a membership organization that hosts 3 to 4 workshops each year. Each of these workshops are made up of a team that runs the whole workshop. Each of those members during the workshop has a 3 important pieces of information: The workshop they are working, the role they are serving at the workshop, and if they present at the workshop the presentation they provided.

As you can imagine, a member can serve at multiple workshops throughout their years of membership in the organization but will have different roles and different presentations.

I want to be able to track at the Member’s record, the workshops they have served, the roles they served at that workshop, and the presentation they provided if they did at that workshop.

I’ve played around and have found multiple ways to do it in theory; but I’m concerned that I’m creating a bunch of data links and access data that is not really needed. Any simple solutions that folks may have or can suggest?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Indianapolis_Great_B!

You will need to set up a “many-to-many relationship” to do this.

This will require 3 tables: a workshops table, a members table, and a roles table. Each record in the roles table will link to only one workshop and only one member.

Below is Airtable’s guide on setting up many-to-many relationships:

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an Airtable consulting company to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website below: