Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

New Fillout parent form response not updated on Airtable

Topic Labels: Base design Integrations Sync
92 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I am trying to collect two types of survey responses through Fillout parent & child form that are linked to two separate Airtable tables.

1) I am using the record picker option on Fillout to let respondents create new records. Currently, only child form responses are updated on Airtable and the parent form responses do not get updated on Airtable even though they are integrated correctly. What could be the issue with this problem?

2) Is there a way to set titles to the new records created by respondents? Currently the new selected record appears as a blank. 

Screenshot 2024-09-30 at 12.07.33 AM.png

3) Even though I have integrated the respondent identifiers for both parent and child form, the unique link to log or identifier (name) columns do not get updated on Airtable. Is there a solution for this? 

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance! 

1 Reply 1
Mike_AutomaticN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey!

1) Please check the results tab on Fillout for the parent form, and check whether submissions are actually going through, or whether an error is shown.

2. Try having a formula as  primate field of the child record, concatenating any other values. 

3. Some context might be missing, but make sure to pass your URL parameters as default answers for the specific questions!