119 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dukeh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am strongly considering moving to a more expensive plan, but here are two issues that are making me question whether or not it is worth it:

1. Whenever we go to create a new record in our base on a mobile device it often closes the record automatically before we have completed filling it out.  We end up with a bunch of stub records that I have to go and clean up on a regular basis.  This typically happens when we haven't been using the app, launch it, start to create a record, and then, it closes without warning.  It's almost like the app hasn't fully loaded and synced, but our use case typically involves getting a call, launching the app, entering the order, so it happens frequently.

2. When we create records and add a start and end date, the view often shows an inaccurate date for one or both of the fields.  If we close the view/navigate out of the base and re-open the base, the data is usually correct, but it is confusing to enter data and see it show up incorrectly in the view.  Since accurate dates are foundational to our primary use case, it forces us to constantly have to navigate in and out of the base to make sure they are correct.

So far, I have only been using AirTable for my personal beach rental business.  These little issues have prevented me from recommending it as a solution for my IT clients, but I see such amazing potential (reminds me of my days as a Lotus Notes developer - modern day, web-based version of Lotus Notes?).  A couple of recent areas where I felt like it would have been perfect: help desk app for a newly launched product during our hypercare phase, tracking tool for a media library for my advertising/media client.  I would also love to link my online square orders directly to the AirTable app, but unwilling to invest the time until I make sure the app will be reliable/stable.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

0 Replies 0