Help

Airtable Cobuilder is here! Learn more about our new no-code app creation feature, powered by AI on the Airtable Academy

Re: Nothing I add works on the iPad...

838 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
josephhand
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I am new to AirTable... not new to the concepts of relational databases...

I created a simple "base" that I used the Lemonade stand template to get me going. I added a few fields to the main inventory table. I added a table to link to the inventory called Categories. It will help with filtering and sorting. It is for a small restaurant to help with ordering inventory. For now, I just need to use it as a shopping list, but see the potential. This thing could track inventory, etc.... 

Next, I imported the data. Roughly 350 rows. Next, I created a form to enter new items. Lastly, I created two new views into the main table... one that only has the item name, the category, and the supplier with a checkbox for a field called "Order". The workflow should be that i bring up the Shopping List. It sorts, groups, and filters things so it is easy to walk around the place with the iPad and scroll through the list, tapping the "Order" checkbox for the items I would like to order. Finally, the last "View" is called "Order List" which filters on the "Order" field and displays only records where the box has been checked. 

All of this works in the Chrome web browser on my Mac. 

When I go to the IOS app on my iPad, however, the two new views and the form are there, but greyed out. When you tap one of them, you get the following error:  "This view can't be displayed in the IOS app yet. Please use airtable.com in a desktop browser to display and edit it".

What am I doing wrong? The data that I imported is there. the new columns are there. Just the new views and the new form are not working. You can see them listed, greyed out, and when you tap to open, it fails with the above error. 

Please help!! Would love to adopt this cool technology. 

thanks in advance,

joe

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You're not doing anything wrong I'm afraid, some view types are just not viewable via the app

The documentation lists what platforms each view is available on, but I can't seem to find an overview

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 2.18.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 2.18.53 PM.png

All I did was duplicate the original view. At first, I made no changes… Looked at it on the iPad and it didn’t work. Then I went back and made the changes via filters and sorting, went back to the iPad and it was still unavailable, I get it if this was something different, like the form. But a direct duplicate of a working view didn’t work. 

josephhand
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ok, the plot thickens... 

josephhand_0-1690502917573.png

Notice the list of Views I see in the extension "Page Designer" while I attempt to build my first report. That list shows only the "Main View" and the "Low Supply" view are available to select. This is the same thing I see when trying to select one of my custom views "Shopping List" or "Order List" which were created simply by duplicating views... What my take is that any view that came with the starter template base are usable and anything else is not, except in the web interface. Not on my iPad and not in the extension for report building. The question is why?  Is there any way to get help from AirTable? Do they read these posts? Something is going on here.