cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frederik
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I want to build a function that duplicates the row for each Weekday IF Weekday is everyday or a checkbox that says “Repeat event”.

I am lost on how to achieve this and hope the community a help a poor beginner :slightly_smiling_face:

Stay healthy!

3 Replies 3
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I want to build a function that duplicates the row

If you’d like it to work exactly as you’re describing, that would be accomplished via the scripting block, which requires JavaScript familiarity. There are ‘work offered’ and ‘scripting block’ Airtable community tags as well if you end up going this route.

Alternative: Copy/Pasting
If you organized a view properly, you could probably get things filtered for easy copy/pasting. For example, you could (1) make a new view that’s filtered by only the values that need to repeat, (2) select them all, (3) then click the plus icon for a new row, and (4) paste what’s on your clipboard. It might help to paste the values to an external sheet first though so you can adjust any values you need to. Or you could use another view that is filtered for recently added records.

Maybe someone else has an ideas on how you could reorganize your base so that you can leverage formulas, but I haven’t thought of any. Stay healthy to you too.

Frederik

Thank you. I tried to understand the scripting capabilities but there is no way to have a row duplicated?

I could only find a way to create a new row.

Thanks

Retrieving and creating is all you’d need from the API. The rest - analyzing and manipulating the retrieved data - is accomplished through JavaScript. Put it all together and you can duplicate or just about anything else.