Did you mean: 
Lauren_Madfis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello!
I have 2 tables on my base:
1 - assignments
2 - resources

The assignments table (1) allows users to inout a project and then select from a linked record of “name” in table 2 to assign a resource. They then input the % workload this project will be for this resource in another column.
I need to create another table or view that keeps track of each “name” (resource) and the aggregation of % workload from each project they are assigned to. The idea is to be able to track maximum bandwidth.

I’ve tried linking fields and using roll-ups, but am not savvy enough to get this to work.

3 Replies 3

Hi Lauren! So assignments (table 1) are assigned to resources (table 2). % workload is defined in table 1 and potentially same resources are assigned multiple times to assignments. I would definitely use a roll-up field on table 2, summarising all % values from table 1. That should be the way to go :slightly_smiling_face:

Lauren_Madfis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Rupert_Hoffschmidt
Yes, this is what I need! Thank you!

Can you explain how to do this step by step?

In my “resources table” I’ve created a linked column for “assignments” – how do I get that to automatically populate with all assignments the resource is assigned to? Do I have to manually add in each project they are assigned to?
I’ve also created a workload % rollup, but the % stays at 0 (I think bc I haven’t figured out how to get the specific assignments to link)

Please find a quick demo here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Hope that helps :slightly_smiling_face: