1047 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine_Bento
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thanks in advance for your help with this! I’ve searched through forums, watched YouTube videos and tried a number of example bases but still haven’t found the answer. I’ve set up an Airtable for my friend’s equestrian facility. It has the following tables:

• Master Schedule
  • Riders
  • Horses
  • Trainers
  • Wranglers

We use the Master Schedule most often. Currently every new record concatenates rider name (pulled in from Riders) and date/time and then pulls in Horse, Trainer and Wrangler. This is fine entering each rider lesson manually, as it beats what my friend used to do, which is write down 60 items on a white board every day and then keep notes in pencil and paper in a massive binder to track lessons.

But since there are about 60 lessons a day (each record is rider + date/time + horse + trainer + wrangler and most are in group lessons), we were wondering if we could set it up so that riders automatically appeared in the Master Schedule weekly, since most riders do the same lesson the same day of the week, at the same time.

My friend would just go in and remove a record if the rider canceled that week.

Also - I’m on the Pro plan, if that helps.

Thanks!
Christine

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Christine_Benton!

It sounds like you’ve done a great job so far in setting up Airtable for your friend’s equestrian facility! :cowboy_hat_face: :horse_racing:

There is no built-in support in Airtable for recurring events, so you’d need to figure out a way to create the recurring events on your own.

Many people do this by creating a custom JavaScript that they run whenever they are ready to create all of their recurring events for a particular person. Here’s an example script that might get you started in the right direction on this — you would run this whenever you’re ready to schedule a particular person for all of their recurring events.

There are probably other scripts in these forums that handle recurring events, too — I would search for “recurring event”.

If you just wanted to schedule one week’s worth of riders at a time, you could also do that with a custom JavaScript — and you could schedule that JavaScript to run on a weekly basis using Airtable’s Automations feature.

Alternatively, if you don’t want to dive into Javascript coding, you could also automate something like this with a no-code/low-code automation platform like Integromat. Similar to the JavaScripts, you could do either of the above 2 options with Integromat:

1. You could schedule to run Integromat on a weekly basis, and it could handle all the logic of finding which riders need to be scheduled for that particular week and then put them on the Master Schedule for that week.
  2. You could instantly trigger Integromat to schedule a rider for all of their upcoming rides whenever you’re ready to schedule them.

There are probably many other ways to handle recurring events as well (depending on what your specific needs are), but for now, all of these different options would require you diving into custom-crafting your own way of making this happen.

(Note that I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire a consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.)

Christine_Bento

Thanks so much, Scott! I really appreciate your support. I was just watching the scripting tutorial–it’s so cool what you can do with Airtable and integrations! I will try the scripts and/or Integromat and will report back. -Christine

Christine_Bento

Update - I’m still working on learning scripting. I’ll share the script when I figure this out.