Help

Re: Recurring Task and Sub Task once completed, duplicate with a different due date

Solved
Jump to Solution
1486 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DennisyuTSS
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I've built a task list table, and have some recurring tasks that comes with sub tasks in another table that are linked.

I am hoping that when my Task is completed, airtable will create the exact same task, except to change the dead line based a formula field, and link up to a new set of sub tasks also created once this main task is done.

I am doing this because I want to keep record of when the records were completed, using the last modified date field.

Is this possible?

DennisyuTSS_0-1677840250555.pngDennisyuTSS_1-1677840262337.pngDennisyuTSS_2-1677840271760.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm I think so.  Your automation would trigger once the "Status" was set to done and it would have a "Create record" action

I assume you have a field that indicates the start date of the task somewhere?  If you don't you'd have to add one in, and you'd place the last modified date field's value into this "Start date of task" field, which your "Deadline" formula field would reference to calculate the deadline based on the start date

For the subtasks, you would use repeating group functionality and create one record per subtask record linked to the triggering record

This should do exactly what you need I think

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm I think so.  Your automation would trigger once the "Status" was set to done and it would have a "Create record" action

I assume you have a field that indicates the start date of the task somewhere?  If you don't you'd have to add one in, and you'd place the last modified date field's value into this "Start date of task" field, which your "Deadline" formula field would reference to calculate the deadline based on the start date

For the subtasks, you would use repeating group functionality and create one record per subtask record linked to the triggering record

This should do exactly what you need I think

Oh this is wonderful, thank you!

DennisyuTSS_0-1678071604676.pngDennisyuTSS_1-1678071625441.png

then create the new record in the main task accordingly.

DennisyuTSS_2-1678072080520.png

DennisyuTSS_3-1678072094630.png

DennisyuTSS_4-1678072110324.png

Thanks Adam