Help

Rollup text field - each field as new line?

Topic Labels: Base design
1436 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danny_Pettiona
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Gday all,

I have a rollup field of ‘text’, which I am trying to display as a list.

Currently the rollup displays like this:

Item1Item2Item3

What I want to achieve is:

Item1
Item2
Item3

I’ve tried multiple different formulas - concatenates but cannot get it to work!

Thanks

5 Replies 5

What formulas have you tried? Can you share a screen shot of the fields in question?

Have you tried `ARRAYJOIN(values, “\n”) as the rollup formula?

Thanks @kuovonne - this formula works perfectly, BUT can the field wrap the text so it displays as the 3 lines without clicking into the field?

CleanShot 2022-09-03 at 17.22.11

You can increase the row height. There isn’t anything the formula itself can do about this behavior.

You can’t change that behavior on the grid view itself, but there are at least 2 other ways that you can visually prevent the text from collapsing together like that.

These 2 ways would enable you to always see the properly wrapped text with its carriage returns (i.e. new lines) always visually intact:

1. Use Airtable’s Interfaces feature. Interfaces will always display the fully-expanded text of a long text field at all times. Some people dislike this because it can take up a ton of screen space, but in your case, it sounds like exactly what you’re looking for.

2. Use the 3rd-party extension On2Air: Amplify, which lets you create your own customized dashboards with the exact height & width of whatever fields you choose. You get to specify exactly how wide & how tall you want your chosen fields to be, and you also have the benefit of never needing to leave grid view to switch to Airtable’s interfaces feature.

p.s. I should also mention that I am an Airtable consultant, so if your company has a budget & you need one-on-one help setting these things up, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld.

Thanks Scott! Will check out your website for sure!