cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mukunda_Murali
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey guys, Im very new to airtable

Im trying to build a basic sheet wherein the user can select a bunch of records and only those filtererd ones show

Can someone show me how to do this?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @mukunda_Murali! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Sorry that this hasn’t been addressed yet. I wish I had better news, but unfortunately what you want isn’t currently possible. Filters can only be created based on specific rules driven by fields and their contents. They can’t be made based on a selection.

The only way to sorta-kinda make this work would be to make a checkbox field that users could select, and then they would have to make their own filter to show only those checked records. If your users aren’t familiar with how to make Airtable filters, it may be a bit cumbersome.

There may be a way to pull this off using third-party tools, but my experience there is extremely limited. I’m going to tag @ScottWorld for his input.

Thanks for the tag, @Justin_Barrett! :slightly_smiling_face:

Very sorry, I’m slightly confused about what @mukunda_Murali is trying to do. It sounds like the checkbox solution that Justin came up with would be the best solution for filtering a random selection of records:

The user could check off records from the view that shows “all” the records, and then they could switch to a view that only shows the “checked” records.

Although I might not be fully understanding what the request is. :thinking: