cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodney_Beadon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good Day

I am setting up a customer base, Included in the fields is vehicle Information.

The Car registration number, Make, Modle, Colour, 1st Contact, 1st Contact Phone, 1st Contact email, 2nd Contact, 2nd Contact Phone and 2nd contact email are all the fields that are for the registered person.

The problem I am facing is that a person with more than one car has to register its registration number, make , Modle and colour. However the 1st and 2nd contact details remain the same.

Is there a way of doing all of this in the fields without having to add the extra Information already entered

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hey Rodney, would it be possible to have two tables, one for Cars and one for People?

In the Cars table, you’d have the fields for Make, Model, etc, and in the People table, you’d have Name, Phone, Email, etc

In the Cars table, we’d then create linked fields for the contacts, and create lookup fields to show the details we need

This way, we only ever key in a person’s details once, and we would just add people to the Contact fields. I’ve put an example together here for you to check out

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 12.46.47 PM
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 12.46.44 PM

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hey Rodney, would it be possible to have two tables, one for Cars and one for People?

In the Cars table, you’d have the fields for Make, Model, etc, and in the People table, you’d have Name, Phone, Email, etc

In the Cars table, we’d then create linked fields for the contacts, and create lookup fields to show the details we need

This way, we only ever key in a person’s details once, and we would just add people to the Contact fields. I’ve put an example together here for you to check out

Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 12.46.47 PM
Screenshot 2022-06-03 at 12.46.44 PM

Rodney_Beadon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Adam,

This makes perfect sense. I will start setting that up. I am very new at Air Base and have not done a lookup field or linked fields. I will keep this open for a bit so that I can ask any questions when I get stuck.

Many thanks

Rod

Roger that, happy to help