cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LAMOSE
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys, I am new to this…
I am trying to sync my Shopify orders to airtable.

If customer order 2 times, how can I separate the 2 items to 2 records instead of all jam in one?

We used to manage it on GoogleSheet with zapier, and they have a function of creating multiple lines, how I can do that in airtable?

Thanks xoxo

8 Replies 8

Welcome to the community, @LAMOSE! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: There are some details missing from your description; i.e. the current design of your Airtable base, and the process you’re using to get the data from Shopify to Airtable. If you can elaborate on those details, we can provide you with more specific guidance. In general, though, I suggest using a [Customers] table to store customer data, and an [Orders] table for tracking orders, with each order containing a link to a single customer.

Thanks, Justin!

What I am trying to do right now is to use Airtable to track my Shopify order status and quantities.
Once the order comes in Shopify, I would use Zapier to send the order over. However, the zap only allows me to create one record at a time.

For example, if customers order 3 items, with 3 different SKU, how should my Airtable capture this transaction so I know I sold 3 different SKU?

Good news: your reply adds some clarity. Zapier is trying to create one record to represent all three items ordered, but you want each item in its own record. Is that right? (Your initial message said the customer ordered “2 times”, not “2 items,” which threw me a bit.)

Bad news: What you need goes beyond my current Zapier knowledge (and ability to test with the free account). I thought it might be a simple tweak, but what you need to do somehow is take that one chunk of data that’s going to Zapier, split it into multiple parts, and have Zapier cycle through those to create one Airtable record per part. As for how to do that, I’ll have to defer to some more more savvy Zapier users. Sorry!

One possible alternative (if you’re willing to explore a bit) is to consider setting this up in Integromat. I don’t know enough about Zapier to know if there’s an equivalent for this, but Integromat has a Flow Control module with an Iterator operation that’s designed for just this type of situation. In short, it’s designed to take an array—which is probably how your Shopify order items are being fed to Zapier—and split it into individual items, which are then processed one by one by the rest of the scenario. With this, your order items could be processed individually to create a series of Airtable records.

Hi Justin,
Can I ask you this:
If my record column has an item like this:
[SKU-1,SKU-2,SKU-3] with one Order number [1000]

Can I display this in a different table with three line items that have the same order number:
[1000] [SKU-1]
[1000] [SKU-2]
[1000] [SKU-3]

Can I accomplish this within Airtable?

Airtable can’t take the data from Shopify and do that on its own. That’s what I believe Integromat could help you create using that Iterator operation I mentioned above. It could split out each SKU into a separate bundle, and add one record per bundle to a [Line Items] table in Airtable. Each record would link to a separate SKU, but they’d all link to a single order.

This could also be done with the help of custom API code, which would take the data from Shopify (I’m guessing it’s a webhook call) and do the splitting and record creation, but that’s beyond my powers at the moment.

Hi @LAMOSE,

To add on what @Justin_Barrett said, this is not doable with Airtable and Zapier unless you use a Staging Table in Google Sheets (like you initially did) then send this data to Airtable.

Airtable does not work with Zapier Line Items formatter.

BR,
Mo

Chen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Were we able to accomplish this by two ways:

1. get line item in google sheet, then trigger by google sheet to add to airtable line by line
  2. create a webhook to transfer data to line items then send to another webhook to get one line at a time.

Thank you everyone for the help!