1095 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rachael_Castela
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am looking to show the most recent status update for each step.

My table includes:

Objectives
Steps (Individual steps within the objectives)
Team Members
Status Reports (form for the team members to submit updates for each steps)

A few questions:

1. Should I create some sort of a filter/automation within the Status Report table to show the most recent status per step?
  2. Do I need another table (something like “Most Recent Updates”) that pulls from Status reports and somehow only shows the most recent step?
  3. Can I show the most recent updates right in the Steps table? (This is what I’d prefer, but i’m not sure what fields I would need to add / filter / sort by to make that happen)

4 Replies 4

Do the following:

1. Add a rollup field to Steps to show the MAX(values) of the {Date} field in the Status Reports table.
  2. Add a rollup field to Status Reports that points at that^ field, using a aggregation formula like: IF({Date} = MAX(values), "true", "false"). All the ones that compute true should be the latest status update for a particular step.
  3. Add a conditional lookup field to Steps to only pull the {Step Name} field (or whatever) if that^ field = true.

I must be doing something wrong because my most recent update is still false:

image001.png

image002.png

image010.jpg

image011.png

image012.jpg

image013.png

image014.jpg

image015.jpg

image016.jpg

image017.png

image018.png

image001.jpg

Try making the rollup just MAX(values), and use a formula field that’s IF({Date} = {Rollup field} "true", "false")?

Rachael_Castela
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Got it!

Thank you very much!