515 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Buchana
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Context: I have two tables, Shots and Videos (with links between). It's possible one shot may be used in more than one video. I will export shots through a CSV into an InDesign template using data merge (Page Builder won't work for other reasons).

Problem: I'm trying to specify a chronological order for the shots to appear.

Ideas that won't work/aren't ideal:

• I could just drag them around into the right order, but since one shot may go into multiple videos, the order may vary by video.
  • I could rearrange order of linked shots from Video table side, but that won't work the the CSV export to InDesign.
  • I could do a single select list of numbers, but that won't work since each shot may have a different number for each video it's in.

Any other ideas? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

What about a junction table, i.e. create a new table with a link to the video and to the shot, with another field indicating the chronological order? 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

What about a junction table, i.e. create a new table with a link to the video and to the shot, with another field indicating the chronological order? 

Took me a bit to figure out how that would work within my system, but I think I have it almost all figured out. Thanks!