966 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bridget_Shannon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to figure out a way to star/highlight/flag certain rows in the Airtable so they stand out from the rest. I want to be able to show its importance as my company goes through the site together and we want to jump to the important topics. Any idea of how we can do this??? We have the free version so let me know any ideas you may have!

5 Replies 5

You could add a checkbox field and only check the rows that are “important”. You could then group records by whether they are checked or not.

Some additional ideas:

You could add a vertical bar of color to each record in the left margin, based on whatever criteria you choose. To go along with this, I would create a single-select field which lets you choose different importance levels from a drop-down menu. And, you would probably want to group your records by importance level, too.

You could also do a similar thing with the rating field. People could click on a star rating between 0 and whatever number you want (up to 10). Then, you could group your records by rating, and still add the vertical color bar as well.

You can also create different views — each view showing you only the records of a certain importance level. You would do this with filters.

I believe you’re describing record coloring, which is a pro feature. OP has a free account and won’t be able to do this.

Ah, thanks! @Bridget_Shannon, you can do the other things I mentioned besides coloring.

RnJ
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I use IF statements with emojis a lot. Then you can filter or group by emoji.