843 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritzy43
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have been using airtable for a few weeks now and I am struggling to build the correct base that allows all of my data to link correctly.

I am coach of a sporting team.  There is roughly 50 people on the team.

I have created a base for the players

Problem moving forward is they have quarterly KPI's and testing.  So when I have been trying to organise accordingly, I almost feel as if I am inserting the same data again

I also want to keep data of each game they play and because an individuals data is different, that is also an issue.  If anyone can help that would be great.

Video is below

https://www.loom.com/share/bbdf849bbe814c1c864f4c61a070f652

1 Reply 1

Hey @ritzy43!

I learned recently that I've built a bit of a reputation for popping up out of nowhere and writing fairly large and in-depth posts to seemingly simple posts here on the forums.
I tried to do the same tonight. Unfortunately, I'm intoxicated. So you're a bit out of luck when it comes to getting a long post. With that in mind, I've built a full demo base for you to look through.
The PII found inside the base is just sample data and is all fake.
Here's a link to the base.
Pop it open. Copy it to your workspace. Explore it. Rip it to pieces. Put it back together. Whatever you'd like. It belongs to the community as far as I'm concerned now.

I don't know anything about bowling. Sometimes the ball goes where it should and sometimes I whip a beautiful bend on a ball... right into the gutter.
What I do know is data. It does what I tell it to do. It's a second language to me.
This is all to say that I used your video as inspiration, but just don't know enough about bowling to really know exactly what the fields should be, so I've done my best to keep things generic.

If you have any questions, curiosities, or other details you'd like to talk through, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to hop in and provide any insight I can.