925 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cre8able
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello.  I'm new to Airtable, but have some experience in other db applications. 

I am creating an app to track trading.  I have a trade table where details about each trade are stored.  It also stores the result of the trade in a field called TradeResult.  I made a grid view where I summed TradeResult grouped on TradeDate so I know the total results for each day. 

What's the best way to display that in calendar view?  I'd like to be able to look at the calendar and see how each day went. 

And not to be greedy, but if I could display the weeks total result on Saturday, that would be perfect.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah this is possible but gets pretty weird with the setup.  You're going to need to create a new table to act as your summary table, where each record represents either a single day of trading or a single week of trading (from the screenshots, these would be the `[DATE] - Saturday` records)

You would have an automation that would automatically link each trade record to the appropriate record in the summary table, and you'd have rollup fields to sum the trade values and formula fields to compile data for display in the calendar view

I've put something together here that does what you're looking for, including the Saturday thing

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.54.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.27.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.27.26 PM.png

  

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah this is possible but gets pretty weird with the setup.  You're going to need to create a new table to act as your summary table, where each record represents either a single day of trading or a single week of trading (from the screenshots, these would be the `[DATE] - Saturday` records)

You would have an automation that would automatically link each trade record to the appropriate record in the summary table, and you'd have rollup fields to sum the trade values and formula fields to compile data for display in the calendar view

I've put something together here that does what you're looking for, including the Saturday thing

Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 10.54.17 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.27.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.27.26 PM.png

  

Hello Adam @TheTimeSavingCo 

Thanks a lot for your answer about this problem. I have clicked your link and got to your table.

Unfortunately, I can't read the formula in the field "Date Rollup" and "Date Compiled". Would you mind sharing the formula so I can overcome this problem too?

Thank you ! 🙌

Hi @TheFlow, to see the formulas you can duplicate the base to your own workspace

TheFlow
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh! Thanks you, didnt know about that 🙏😀 @TheTimeSavingCo