cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arily
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

So I'm attempting to use this new feature, however I do not know how to undo the process.

I have an already synced view going from one base to another and on another table I have a synced view going to that same base which contains a linked field. I decided to setup the Sync Linked Records feature and where it said, "Sync linked tables" I clicked in there and chose that already created synced view. However, I have changed my mind and do not want to Sync that linked field. I removed the synced view from that "Sync linked tables" and removed linked field from the synced view. Unfortunately, on the other base in Update sync configuration it is still showing that field even though it was removed from the synced view. Also It's still acting like a linked field even though I attempted to backtrack and undo the process. Is there anyway to remove the linked field from the sync?

Sorry if this is all confusing, I'm just trying to now only learn a new process but also how to undo that process without having to remove all the syncs and starting over.

2 Replies 2
Saravanan_009
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

No problem, I understand the situation. Here’s how you can handle it:

1. Check Sync Configuration: Ensure that you’ve completely removed the synced view and any related linked fields from the configuration in both bases. Sometimes changes take a moment to propagate.

2. Update Sync Settings: In the base where you have the synced view, go to the "Sync settings" and make sure that the configuration reflects the removal of the linked field. If it still shows up, try refreshing the page or clearing your cache.

3. Clear Sync Cache: Sometimes the sync might show outdated information due to caching. Try clearing your browser cache or reloading the Airtable page to see if the field disappears.

4. Remove and Re-add Sync: If the above steps don’t work, you might need to remove the entire sync configuration and re-add it. This can sometimes help in resetting any issues with the sync setup.

Arily

I don't want to remove and readd the sync due to possible loss of data. This was a pre-existing sync that I just added the Linked field too and now even though it's hidden from view it's still showing as being synced over to the other base.