289 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Airtable CommunityI have a base with several tables (one for each department) to plan their content. So print, social media organic, PR etc.

Each team has 1-3 interfaces. Now I want to synchronize the most important information from all these tables into one table in the same base. I want to have a comprehensive content calendar to see at a quick glance who is working on what. Unfortunately, synchronization only works over different bases. But then I can't display everything in one interface and the employees would always have to switch bases.

Does anyone have an idea for this?

Best regards

Mirko

2 Replies 2

Instead of having different tables in your base, the best setup is to have just one table for media content, and then categorize each piece of content by department. (In the grid view, you would then use different filtered views instead of different tables.)

Otherwise, if you want to stick with multiple tables (which is not the recommended setup), you can only sync them out to another base, where you can combine them all together into a single table.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

jsep
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There are different ways to approach this:

1. Use one table and categorize each content by department, as Scott suggested. Based on the categories, you can then create different views and interfaces. This is more simple and stable long term, but it does require changes in your workflow.

2. Create another base (Base 2) that will sync the tables from the original base. Then, in the original base, sync from the newly created Base 2 to a new table. This way, you can keep your current workflow, and Airtable will keep the data synced.

3. Create a table that will sync using linked records from the other tables. You can use automations to keep the data synced between the tables. This option is a bit more complex, and we have to maintain automations.

I hope this helps! If you need more assistance, feel free to schedule a free 15-minute call with me.