187 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul-morrill
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there a way to make a timeline's summary bar display different values over a given object's duration?

I'm trying to make a map of the effort levels for various projects to forecast my team's workload at a given time (not using utilization because I'm assigning to users instead of a user-entity table). Each item on the timeline is a project, happening from a start date to an end date, with an effort level associated with it. The timeline is grouped by the user assigned to the project, and I've set up the summary bar to sum the effort levels so I can see how much total workload a team member has. However, the projects don't actually take the same amount of effort the whole way through - the second half of the project is a lot easier, so having the same effort value throughout the project's duration makes it look like the 2nd half is harder than it actually is. I'd like to program the summary bar to do something like "first half of project = full effort value, 2nd half of project = 1/2 effort value". Is there a way to do that? I know it'd work if I used multiple records for each project and gave those different effort values, but I'm trying to avoid that in the interest of keeping the base clean and sensible.

0 Replies 0