1319 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table where my primary field is a URL. I have a similar table where the URL is not the primary field.

When I click on the non-primary URL field in an unexpanded record, it turns blue and then a second click brings up the url in a new tab.

When I click on the primary URL field in an unexpanded record, it turns blue. But then clicking on a it a second time expands the record and the mouse is positioned at the end of the url and the link is shown as regular text again. Clicking outside of the field turns it blue again and then I can click on it to bring up the url in a new tab.

Is there any way to get the primary URL field to behave the same way as the non-primary field?

13 Replies 13
jaz

Yep, already contacted support. :winking_face:

I heard back from support.

Amazingly & shockingly, Airtable consciously made the decision for the URL field to act differently if it is the primary field. :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging: :confounded:

Add this to the long list of completely illogical & nonsensical decisions that Airtable has made over the years.

jaz

Well that sucks. :confused: Did they give you a reason at all? Thanks for updating the thread! :slightly_smiling_face:

No reason… they just confirmed that this is by design.