547 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dansmith260
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking at a way to move from excel and found airtable.  I am wanting to make a table that has my clients and their information and then a table that has amount due amount paid and a balance.  I made these to tables but need a way to add the amount due ongoing weekly.  Like week of April 3rd and week of April 10th and so on and then an amount for each week.  Then when they make their payment, I can put it in and it will give a balance for that client.  I also want it to where I can give them a printout of what they owe and what they have paid.

Thanks in advance am doing this in excel but feel like a database will be better option moving forward is this idea possible?

3 Replies 3

Yeap this is possible, but I think I'd set it up slightly differently

I'd have two tables, "Clients" to hold client information, and a "Charges / Payments" table that would not include the balance details.

Each week I would add a new record to the "Charges / Payments" table, key in the amount that was charged that week, and link that record to the appropriate client record

I would then add a rollup field in the "Clients" table that would sum up the values, showing the balance

When a client makes a payment, I would add a record to the "Charges / Payments" table and key in the amount that was paid, which would cause the balance value in the "Clients" table to update as well

---

re: Printout
Yeah you can use the Page Designer extension for this!

Thanks so much for the info I created a new base and set it up the way you described.  The issue I'm having is the weekly amounts due I create a field that says date and then enter the date and charge each week?  But it would be different every week for every client so would I need to make 40 or 50 tables for charges one for each client?  Thanks for your time and help

re: The issue I'm having is the weekly amounts due I create a field that says date and then enter the date and charge each week? 

Yeap

---
re: But it would be different every week for every client so would I need to make 40 or 50 tables for charges one for each client? 

Nah, just the two tables and you'd link each charge to the appropriate client.  You'd end up with one record per week per client.  Could you share some screenshots of your setup so I could understand your layout better please?