Help

Re: Any way to internally or externally trigger a script?

1772 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Horton
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a table that gets a partly populated row via IFTTT at the end of a 3D print job. The table has a script block that parses information out of the supplied data to fill in other fields in each row (quantity, object printed, material type). I want to use this to track the output of a distributed print farm making PPE. My question is whether there is any way to periodically trigger the script to run either internally or via some external tool like Zapier. All the external tools I’ve found only seem to create/delete/edit records and it doesn’t seem like internal script triggers are supported yet. Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Hi !

In " Scripting block overview" I found:
" FAQs

How can I trigger a script automatically?

As of now, the scripting block executes when you click the run button."

source: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043041074-Scripting-block-overview

You could also take a look at this one:

Best,

olπ

Hi @Kasra, @Stephen_Suen, @Shrey_Banga, @Billy_Littlefield, @Richard_Sinn, @somehats,

Do you have any R&D news about Triggers or Webhooks, whether it applies to Public-API, Script-Block or Custom-Block?
This is the only missing feature (in my use case’s context) that I can’t get around either by changing my overall airtable approach and/or by working on scripting.
Sincerely yours,

oLπ

Hi @Chris_Ortega,

Here’s the latest update about this by Airtable DEVs !

Cheers,

oLπ

pgzmnk_k
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Olpy_Acaflo!

Do you know how one might trigger a script but only for the record corresponding to the button that was pressed?

:grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Hi @pgzmnk_k and welcome to the Community !

Is this the use case you are talking about ?

EXAMPLE

Record picker

BLOCK ONLY

This script prompts the user to pick a record from a specific table in your base. You can use it as a starting point for a script that performs an action using a specific record.

You can use this script with the “Run script” action of a button field. When the script is run from a button, the script will skip showing the record picker and will use the button’s record instead.

It’s coming from:

Choose one of our examples to see what you can accomplish with scripting. These examples can also be used as starting points for your own scripts.

from

Button Field

You can find fine Button Scripts Tips and Scripts by Experts from Community from this entry-point !

I hope this helps to start with by Button Script Trigger !

olπ