1198 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose_Haft1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi there - I am trying to configure an automation but when I put in output.text and recordAsync, I am told these are not functions and receive an error.

What can I do to fix this?

2 Replies 2
Erin_OHern
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Rose,

Thanks for your question!

You can refer to our Scripting Documentation to see which functions are available in the scripting app vs. automations scripting (functions that are only available in one or the other will have a badge saying “App only” or “Automations only” in that documentation).

ouput.text isn’t available in automations scripting, since there is no output displayed in an automations script like there is in scripting app. In an automations script, you can use output.set to pass values from your script to subsequent action steps in your automation, or you can use console.log statements to print other values in the automation run log.

As for recordAsync – there is no recordAsync function in Airtable scripting, but the functions selectRecordsAsync, createRecordAsync, updateRecordAsync, etc. are all available in automations scripting.

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply, I was actually puzzled about this, because I totally missed the little tag that specified if it’s app/automation specific. Actually, I don’t even know what the difference is between an app vs. an automation, so that lead to a lot of confusion with these docs (why is this object not being recognized?)

It would also be great to have examples delineated as app-specific or automation-specific, to see what the best approaches are for both.