9333 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omf
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to use ChatGPT to analyze written data from airtable surveys, but ChatGPT is unable to access the information from a csv file. Is it possible to connect ChatGPT to Airtable in order to give it access to specific tables? The idea would be to be able to ask ChatGPT questions such as "What are the top 3 things guests enjoy about this trip?" based on the survey responses.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I have recently written a guide for doing something like this:

https://www.csvgetter.com/blog/enable-airtable-ai-analysis-with-perplexity

See Solution in Thread

17 Replies 17
Lom_Labs
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello @omf ,

I have built a free extension you can use for that purpose here!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@omf 

Yes, you can very easily integrate & automate ChatGPT for free with Airtable by using Make’s ChatGPT module.

I also show off how to do this on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And we are having tons of ChatGPT and Airtable discussions here.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

ask ChatGPT questions such as "What are the top 3 things guests enjoy about this trip?" based on the survey responses.

I don't get the sense that either of the responses (from @ScottWorld or @Lom_Labs) addresses this requirement using GPT. I would love to see how [exactly] GPT can give you this outcome.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You would have to aggregate records together and then send the data to ChatGPT to analyze. For example, Make has several "aggregator tools", which can aggregate data from multiple Airtable records together into various outputs (i.e. text, tables, arrays, JSON, etc.). Make's documentation is absolutely terrible, but they have a Text Aggregator Tool, a Table Aggregator Tool, an Array Aggregator Tool, a Number Aggregator Tool, JSON creation tools, and more. 

However, ChatGPT has a limit on how much data you can send it in a request, so that would limit the amount of data you can aggregate together in Airtable to send to ChatGPT.

This might help.

Bill_French_0-1682830529597.png

Hello @Bill_French !

It is easy to do this by  first creating a summary table that can aggregate and consolidate the survey responses. This can be accomplished by utilizing rollup fields, which allow us to group and merge data from multiple records from the survey response table.

Once the survey responses have been merged and consolidated in the summary table, a formula field can be added to concatenate a prompt to the consolidated responses. This will enhance the clarity and cohesiveness of the final message that is to be sent to ChatGPT.

Finally, an extension can be utilized to send the combined and enhanced data to ChatGPT!

My hatred for Khoros continues. I had a really nice post with code and everything. It was lost when I accidentally changed views.

So, I recreated it here. Enjoy...

omf

After reading through everything (particularly @Bill_French 's fascinating article), it seems as though what I'm looking for - essentially a direct connection between AirTable and ChatGPT, where ChatGPT can access the information in AirTable on command, is not an option. The solutions proposed are a bit over my level at the moment but if I'm able to figure it out, I'll post an update here!

> ... essentially a direct connection between AirTable and ChatGPT, where ChatGPT can access the information in AirTable on command, is not an option.

If you want your data users to access Airtable data directly from the ChatGPT user interface, you must build a ChatGPT Plugin. This complex approach requires security and API code that will make it seamless for your users to access their private data from OpenAI's UI products. I have my doubts that you actually want this; here's why.

As I explained in the article, if you want your users to be able to use their data with ChatGPT (not to be confused with inside ChatGPT), you need to build an extension app like I demonstrated, that blends your table data with AI to create a UI that allows users to query the data through natural language. Example query...

Bill_French_0-1683079170020.png

Hey Bill. I really want to read these articles, but I'm having trouble with the payment page. Can you assist on the following three:

I can help as soon as I know the email address you are using to access my Substack. I just tested the payment process, and it works flawlessly, but Substack itself handled almost a million transactions since you wrote this, and almost every one of them succeeded. I have a thousand subscribers and have never had an issue with their payment gateway.

Feel free to message me at bill.french@gmail.com.

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I have recently written a guide for doing something like this:

https://www.csvgetter.com/blog/enable-airtable-ai-analysis-with-perplexity

omf

@GavinA This is exactly what I was looking for! Sadly, I'm still not getting the analysis I wanted, but in terms of a GPT referencing data from Airtable, this is a simple solution.

I'm still not getting the analysis I wanted ...

Then, by definition, it is not what you are looking for. 😉 Using Perplexity for data analysis is the first mistake. It is best suited to generating ideas and identifying sources - like a blend of ChatGPT and web search.

GavinA
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

No problem! Feel free to DM me with more info on what you are trying to do and maybe we can get it sorted.

omf

Thank you! Sent a DM.

kathlyn

What are the advantages of using ChatGPT for data analysis tasks, particularly regarding efficiency and scalability?