212 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShortcutsFan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm using Create Record API, my requirement is sending a image to a field in table. But the API requires to send an image URL instead. Would anyone know if there is a hosting service that can return the image URL while ensure the image uploaded is not being public? Or would Airtable team have plan to provide such a service?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

I don't believe that Airtable has plans to provide such a service, although that would be cool.

Your image would need to be temporarily public while uploading to Airtable via Airtable's REST API, but then you could delete the image afterwards.

I usually use Google Drive, Filestack, or Cloudinary or these purposes, and I automate all of this using Make's automations & integrations.  (I've found that Dropbox's and Box's APIs can be challenging to work with, so I typically avoid them.) 

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

ShortcutsFan

Thanks Scott for this comprehensive answer! I will try to recommend my users to use their iCloud link.