442 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick_De_Jesus
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an airtable database of over 1,000 resumes. I’d like to extract a small set of information from each resume and get it in markdown or HTML.

I’ve found javascript libraries that can do this alone, but I’m looking for a way to handle that on Airtable. Ideally, I would love to be able to have this automated for the resumes already in the database and resumes that get added.

Would be nice to even create a new attachment on the record with the desired results. Any insight would be helpful, thank you!

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community!

You can run a script with an automation; however the entire script needs to fit in a single file. If you can find a minified version of the library that you can include in the script file, you might be able to use it.

Another option is to create a custom app that uses a library of your choice. Unlike scripts, custom apps can include libraries.

In order to create a new attachment using scripting, the file to be attached must exist at a publicly available url. However, if your goal is a markdown or html file, you can store the markdown or html in a long text field.

Thank you so much! Are there any examples like this that I can take a look at in the mean time?