1402 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good morning, Developers,
@Katherine_Duh, @Airtable_Admin
I found pory.io on this message thread.
As I’m struggling to study and practice Script-Block and Custom-Block simultaneously while I’m supposed building an excellent airtable frontend, I don’t have an airtable frontend at the moment.
In its current state, pory.io looks very attractive for a temporary airtable frontend for me before maybe one day I will find time to do much more with the same REACT needed for the Custom Block…
But after a registration at 0$ to try it, I stopped: I can’t figure out who is pory.io at all.
Do you know these Developers?
I’m really not enthusiastic about giving my airtable API-Key to a site I can’t find the Owner, the office address, the phone, the company registration number…
What does the CSO think about it ?

Best,

oLπ

12 Replies 12

In the absence of vetting by Airtable directly, I like the BuiltOnAir resource list. Of course, it can be hard for brand new businesses/organizations/people to get added. One of these days, when I have time, I’ll build a website for myself and ask to be added.

You can create a new user with less privileges and use that user’s API key. I’ve created websites that need read-only access to Airtable data. In those cases, I create a free read-only user with read-only access and use that API key. If you need more than read-only access, and you are willing to pay for the additional user, you can do the same. (It’s a trade off between having to pay for the additional user and the peace of mind knowing that you aren’t giving out your personal API key.)

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Thanks @kuovonne for the shoutout. I’ve got Pory.io added to list to update.

Thank you @kuovonne for your informed opinion!
You are already a well-known and appreciated Script-Expert here: the day you will rent an online-service that will require an airtable API-Key R/M/W/D (Read / Modify / Write / Delete ) I won’t be especially worried.
But your solution is cautious, reasonable, and I will take it into account.
Best,
olπ