cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cindy_Shapiro
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey everyone!

I’ve spent hours dealing with this issue, and I think it’s time to come hat-in-hand to the community now. I’ve created a royalty system that pays out composers each month. I’m working on splits now among our composers, so each song in our catalog may have a link to one or more composers. Up until now it was very easy to do a “select” call to our song base and filterbyformula on our “Composers” lookup field by individual composer and then do various nifty operations on that composer’s songs for the payment period.

But NOW some songs have more than one composer attached, and when I try to do various iterations of filters that I’ve tried, I either get ZERO songs or ALL songs, neither of which are ideal, to say the least.

Does any Airtable API Javascript guru out there have the answer where I can make a call to the Songs and filter by Composers (with more than one attached in a Lookup field) where I can do what is essentially a “contains” filter?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

1 Reply 1
Cindy_Shapiro

SOLVED!

Just to follow up, on the DB itself I created a fx field based on my lookup field that I did an ARRAYJOIN() on. Then from within my code I did a filterbyformula using SEARCH. Worked like a champ!