6123 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Justin_Rai
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, I’m trying to fetch all my table records that has a 500 columns inside but in this json result view it only fetch a random of 100 records in my existing table.
Here is my code. Thank you

//base1
const MY_API_KEY = “API_KEY”;

const AIRTABLE_BASE = “BASE_2”; //base 2

const results = await remoteFetchAsync(AIRTABLE_BASE+?api_key=${MY_API_KEY})

const data = await results.json()

// for(let view of data.fields){

// console.log(view);

// }

console.log(data);

16 Replies 16

As is the case with every modern API, you need to make multiple calls to get all 500+ records. Look at the result set - you’ll see an attribute that can be used to make the next request for another 100 items.

Marc_Justin_Rai
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

May i ask what is the attribute/code i need to add in order to get the remaining records? I’m stuck on this one. The const data has a multidimensional array which consist of
result > records > objects > the actual data i have to fetch

It looks like you are using Scripting to access the REST API.
Are you trying to get records from a different base than the one where the script resides?

Yes, i’m trying to get records from different base to compare data from 1 base to another.

Marc_Justin_Rai
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@kuovonne @Bill.French

How can i fetch all the records from another base? I’m using the base 2 to update the columns from base 1. Is there any way for fetching all the records with or without the rest api?
Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I would take a look at this -

Read the REST API documentation about pagination and rate limits. You can get a maximum of 100 records at a time. If there are over 100 records available you will get pagination info in the results. Keep querying until you no longer get the pagination token. But also make sure you do not exceed the rate limit of 5 requests per second or you will be temporarily locked out.

@Bill.French I will take a look and read this one.

@kuovonne is the pagination you are talking about is the offset inside the array?

Yes, the pagination offset.

@kuovonne i’ve read some of the articles that pagination offset can’t be access for now.

Could you post a link to the article?

That article is several years old and refers to using a library. Just use the offset as described in the developer documentation.

Is there a code that i can use to fetch the url inside the function?

To fetch more than 100 records from Airtable using the Airtable API, you need to implement pagination. Airtable API returns a maximum of 100 records in a single request. If your base has more than 100 records, the API response will include an offset parameter. You can use this offset in the next API request to retrieve the next set of records.

Here's how you can fetch 1000 records (or all records if you're not sure of the total count) using Google Apps Script:

function fetchAllRecordsFromAirtable() {
const apiKey = 'YOUR_AIRTABLE_API_KEY';
const baseId = 'YOUR_BASE_ID';
const tableName = 'YOUR_TABLE_NAME';
const encodedTableName = encodeURIComponent(tableName);
const url = `https://api.airtable.com/v0/${baseId}/${encodedTableName}`;
const headers = {
'Authorization': 'Bearer ' + apiKey
};

let allRecords = [];
let offset = null;

do {
let apiUrl = url;
if (offset) {
apiUrl += '?offset=' + offset;
}

const options = {
'headers': headers,
'muteHttpExceptions': true
};

const response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(apiUrl, options);
const json = JSON.parse(response.getContentText());
const records = json.records;

allRecords = allRecords.concat(records);

offset = json.offset; // Airtable provides this in the response when there are more records
} while (offset);

return allRecords;
}