Help

Re: How do I defeat Pagination in air-table to bower bi. i have it API connected i just cant get the discreet paging to go away

613 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john_Box
5 - Automation Enthusiast

boy, where do I start.

so after two weeks of trying to get Airtable to bend the knee to more than 100 outputs per rest API call i have given up.

to get to know my environment i have a document with 150 rows and 12 columns that i would genuinely love to import to BI too do some visualization magic to but i’m stuck. I have at the moment connected Via rest api the data from the air-table “database” with the https://api.airtable.com/v0/XXXXX/XXXXX?api_key=XXXXX call. Yet of course that only return 100 values and in the advanced editor it retrieves as so.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.38.45 PM

from the wonderful community that surrounds this awesome Database i’ve found many sources that prompt me to deal with the Pagination that has tormented people in the past so I decided give it a shot and after a lot of shuffling around the internet i’ve come to believe the solution is to do this and replace the above code with this. yet all i gat is one column table with error and no data.

Screen Shot 2021-05-18 at 2.51.44 PM

is this the right direction? in newish to air table and I don’t want this to beat me down.
is their a better option?
is it better to have a third part intermediary?

if i get this to work im going to make a video for the future newbs of Airtable.

4 Replies 4

I don’t have the answer to your specific question on how to deal with pagination in JavaScript, but I do know that Integromat will automatically handle all of the pagination for you, without you needing to worry about pagination at all.

Integromat is a low-code/no-code automation & integration platform that lets you integrate Airtable with thousands of apps, and you can also create your own conditional logic, make custom API calls to apps using their HTTP module, and so much more.

I’ve got all of my clients using Integromat, and it’s a dream come true!

john_Box

I have a version a web hooking and ill probably be making the change to integromat, but this app same as zapier dosen’t facilitate the transfer of data via API “to my knowledge”. I can set up a hook to airtable but it seems to not at all able to handle power BI which has be requested by the integromat community but has yet to be resolved by their team.

any other ideas air-table great expanse of knowledge?

Either:
(1) Send the webhook to Integromat.
or
(2) Make REST API calls to Power Bi from Integromat.

Sorry, that’s all I can help you with, as I’ve never used Power Bi before.

I’m sorry but your solution to web-hook dose not work and the rest API as I have stated before works fine with out integromat, but it still dosen’t solve the issue of discrete paging. which is the reason why i am asking for help.