Help

How to link to Voiceflow without API Key?

Topic Labels: API
2387 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flynng
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My airtable account does not let me generate an API Key, instead it pushes me to creating a PAT. I have used a PAT and successfully linked to Make.com however as far as I am aware I need an API Key to integrate Airtable with Voiceflow, so does anyone know how I can overide what it is saying and generate one. Or can someone help show me how to use the PAT to link with Voiceflow.

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

It doesn't seem like Voiceflow has direct integration with Airtable. Therefore, you would not be able to use an Airtable API Key with Voiceflow.

You are probably thinking of the Voiceflow API Key. Once you have that, you can communicate with Voiceflow's REST API via one of 3 methods:

1. High-code: Writing your own custom Javascript scripts in Airtable.

2. Medium-code: Using DataFetcher.com

3. Low-code: Using Make's HTTP Module. There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

Hi @ScottWorld thanks for your reply. Sorry I may not have communicated what I am trying to do properly so I don't know if we are on the same page.

I am creating a customer orders support chatbot and I want to use Voiceflow, I want the bot to be able to pull information from my AirTable Table and let customers know where their order is in the queue and when they might expect to receive it etc.

In a tutorial from a couple months ago they emonstrate in Voiceflow that you can use the Airtable API Key to GET information from your Airtable and use it in the bot. However now that I can no longer create an API Key and am limited to only creating personal access tokens, I am unsure how to use the PAT API in Airtable to allow my voiceflow bot to GET data. Does that make sense? Any ideas? Thanks

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable's full REST API documentation is here. As an example, you can see the GET RECORD documentation here (check out the right margin).

API Keys in Airtable have been replaced by both Personal Access Tokens and oAuth.

You mentioned that you're using Make's automations and integrations for Airtable. Make will guide you through the process of authenticating with Airtable using either Personal Access Tokens or oAuth.

In Make, you can make API calls to Airtable by either using their native Airtable modules (which is the easiest way), or if you want to custom-craft your own API calls to Airtable (or other apps), you can use Make's HTTP module.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Hm, what happens when you try to use a PAT that you've given the proper scopes to?  Seems like that would just work really

JcMETAV
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

the API Key has been removed early Feb, how to make this query works now we have no keyxxxxx next to Bearer?

Screenshot 2567-03-15 at 12.15.52.pngUntitled design (55).png

JcMETAV
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey how did you do at the end? looking to solve my case.
Untitled design (55).png