1066 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaimeLan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have my personal access token with all the scopes, but when I try to create a new entry the  api is returning this error: 

"type": "INVALID_PERMISSIONS_OR_MODEL_NOT_FOUND",
        "message": "Invalid permissions, or the requested model was not found. Check that both your user and your token have the required permissions, and that the model names and/or ids are correct."

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Check your table permissions to see if that user has access to create new records in that table.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

How are you creating the entry?  If it's with code could you provide it?

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @JaimeLan ,

I've got the same issues for a couple of days. After these token-based auth implementations in Airtable, this error comes for many old settings URLs.

But this is a simple one please change Table Name(Ex. Users) to Table ID(tbl****).

I think it will fix.

dilipborad_0-1711717080233.png

I've also answered same at here  Re: Help with "INVALID_PERMISSIONS_OR_MODEL_NOT_FO... - Airtable Community

gracyw
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was also having this issue a few weeks ago and realized it was an issue with the URL. In the URL I actually was able to use either the Table Name or the Table ID, but for the view had to use the View Name. If I used the View ID it would give this error. 

Thanks for your help, I'm using my table Id in the URL, and I set all scopes for the token (data.records:write included), but I can only retrieve data and not create it

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @JaimeLan ,

Make sure that you're using the POST method while creating records, and PUT/PATCH while updating/replacing data.

If you're using the POST method and still have issues then check the post data you passed with the request.

If still have issues then share proper url and data you're passed with it. 

👍