Help

Re: Is Web Scraping in Airtable possible?

22062 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcel_Tanbic
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey guys,

is there any way to Web Scrape Data from Websites into Airtable? It’s actually just a single row I need.

Best regards

12 Replies 12

You may want to check out Airtable’s web clipper app for Chrome:

Hi @Marcel_Tanbic and welcome to the Community !

Possible : yes BUT…

• manually : WebClipper ;

• programmaticaly by Scripting API(s):
    Take a look at this thread (multiples answers including reflexions.)

A personal periscope shot on the subject brings me to this but it’s not a current priority in my own tech watch and development topics!
It’s just to show you in which direction I was looking to go in 2020, 2021.

Regards,

olπ

Marcel_Tanbic

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ve already got the Webclipper, but I’m more likely looking for a Script because there are about 80 URLs on one Website I need to check. Already tried some stuff, but nothing worked or just with big effort…

Here’s a tool that provides APIs for scraping:

To add to what @ScottWorld suggested - Simplescraper has a tutorial for scraping into Airtable.

I’ve used Simplescraper multiple times and it’s awesome. I haven’t used it to scrape into Airtable…yet!

Oh wow, I didn’t even know that they had direct integration with Airtable! Thanks, @Hannah_Wiginton!! :cowboy_hat_face: :raised_hands:

Thats pretty much what I was looking for. Thanks a lot for all the replys guys :slightly_smiling_face:

Remy_Vignaux

@Hannah_Wiginton @ScottWorld hello. when i go to the integrate area, i only have google sheet and webhook. Airtable is not in. any idea?

thanks for your reply

Hey Remy, if you visit the dashboard at: Simplescraper — Scrape Websites and turn them into APIs you’ll find the Airtable integration.

Ryan_Wilson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve had this happen a lot=( I’ve been looking for a personal data protection app for a long time. I think it makes sense for any user to protect their traffic, especially if you have your own business directly related to the net and you need to analyze data. I use proxycrawl.com, it has lots of features - I like its API scanner and relatively low price in the market of similar programs. You can also retrieve complexly structured websites using their built-in parameters to precisely locate items. I don’t need to worry about IP blocking anymore. It offers IP proxies that automate IP addresses and leave invasive web sites undetected.

Renat_Gabitov
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

There are actually much easier ways to scrape data from any website directly to Airtable.

We use Bardeen.ai for this.

Essentially, you first create a scraper template for a website (which takes a few minutes), and then map that data to Airtable.

I’ve been using it to scrape individual LinkedIn pages to Airtable.

You can also try ParseHub to scrape any website’s data into Airtable