798 9
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Thompson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Since the rude depreciation of APIs from Jotform, I have rebuilt my integration using their new system. However, it fails every time a form is submitted reporting:

Unknown Field Name "fldqb0p2A79uDENvw"

I have no field of that name in either Jotform or Airtable, mine are all user friendly names. So what's going on? I have raised the issue with Jotform support who say they need more detailed logs. Any ideas?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @Paul_Thompson 

This is not a field name it's a field ID.
In your table see the "Manage Fields".

dilipborad_0-1707296723062.png

If you don't see Field ID as like my attached image then do this.

dilipborad_1-1707296755994.png 

Just cross-check your API connections. 

I suggest you re-authorise the connection.

Now important thing you need to do is, Please try to remember that anyone removed the field in your table that is connected with JotForm. By Default JotForm is connected with Field ID and that's why in Error you get that name.

If the field ID fldqb0p2A79uDENvw does not exist on your field list then it does not exist (means removed).

Now you need to remap all the jotform fields.

I hope this helps, then give 👍

See Solution in Thread

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @Paul_Thompson 
Another quick solution is to just go to your jotform form, then see the integration of airtable and edit it.

dilipborad_0-1707299181299.png

At there you can see your fields like this which is integration(mapping) with Airtable.

See any of the Airtable side Fields is not selected and opposite side is selected then that field connection is broken.

Just remap it again and save it.

See Solution in Thread

9 Replies 9

Ah, that's a field ID I believe.  If you're on a Teams plan or above, you can click on "Tools" at the top right and then "Manage fields":

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 5.08.18 PM.png

This should bring you to this page, which shows you all the field IDs

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 5.08.23 PM.png

Assuming that field ID exists in your table, perhaps you could remove that field in your Jotform integration and re-add it?  If not, I think I would attempt to remove all the fields from the integration and just add one and attempt submitting that to see if that goes through, and then add a couple at a time to see where it errors out

Paul_Thompson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks Adam. Unfortunately in Jotform I'm on the free plan. Great advice though about removing fields and testing in groups to narrow it down. There are a lot of fields so doing one at a time would be laborious. I'll do 50% first to see which group the problem lies in, then halve it down again etc.
You seemed to recognise the format as a field ID, would that be in Jotform or Airtable? 

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @Paul_Thompson 

This is not a field name it's a field ID.
In your table see the "Manage Fields".

dilipborad_0-1707296723062.png

If you don't see Field ID as like my attached image then do this.

dilipborad_1-1707296755994.png 

Just cross-check your API connections. 

I suggest you re-authorise the connection.

Now important thing you need to do is, Please try to remember that anyone removed the field in your table that is connected with JotForm. By Default JotForm is connected with Field ID and that's why in Error you get that name.

If the field ID fldqb0p2A79uDENvw does not exist on your field list then it does not exist (means removed).

Now you need to remap all the jotform fields.

I hope this helps, then give 👍

Sorry, confused myself then. I've now searched through the "Manage Fields" list and that Field ID does not exist. So as you suggest, I'll do the narrowing down with a few runs at 50% at a time to find which field is causing the problem. 
Many thanks

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hello @Paul_Thompson 
Another quick solution is to just go to your jotform form, then see the integration of airtable and edit it.

dilipborad_0-1707299181299.png

At there you can see your fields like this which is integration(mapping) with Airtable.

See any of the Airtable side Fields is not selected and opposite side is selected then that field connection is broken.

Just remap it again and save it.

Paul_Thompson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Many thanks for your help The Timesaving Co and DilipBorad. All working now. For anyone with a similar problem searching this thread, here's what I think happened:

With the depreciation of APIs in Jotform, a new method of integration with Airtable has been introduced. When using this new method, one can see answers to single select and multi select fields as well as the questions. They seem to be selectable as integrations. I suspect I had selected an answer rather than a question to integrate. It seems the answers also have IDs in a similar form to the Field IDs so of course, when looking for that ID it could not be found.
I'm not certain of the above, but its what I suspect and it's all integrating fine now.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hi @Paul_Thompson ,

Note that JotForm did not disable the API connection to Airtable. Airtable disabled their API Keys on January 31st in favor of the significantly improved & long-awaited Personal Access Tokens and oAuth.

JotForm chose oAuth, which is the security method that Airtable recommends. Airtable gave customers a one-year notice of this. They first alerted customers about this via email in January 2023, and then they sent out continual email warnings about it for an entire year.

Regarding the new features in JotForm, that sounds interesting that JotForm now displays single select and multi select options from Airtable.

If that is a useful feature to you, I would also take a look at Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which offers dozens of advanced features for direct integration & real-time communication with Airtable.

Fillout allows you to create or UPDATE records in Airtable from a form. It pulls your multiselect and single select options from Airtable. It lets you display Airtable lookup fields & formulas & rollup fields on forms. It lets you create new linked records on a form. It lets you visually display as many Airtable fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list. It lets you limit the number of linked records that can be chosen. And much more.

I love JotForm too (for other reasons). Fillout and JotForm are my 2 go-to form apps.

p.s. For anybody reading this in the future who needs help with Airtable integrations like this, I am available for hire as an expert Airtable consultant.

Thanks so much for putting me right on that and for the extra information ScottWorld. Yes I got it completely the wrong way round, it was Airtable who abandoned API not Jotform, but it was Jotform who chose oAuth. Fillout sounds very useful. I had to use a script for editing which searched for a duplication when a record came in, updated it with certain information from the existing record then deleted it leaving just the new one. I will definitely take a look and see what Fillout has to offer. 

@Paul_Thompson 

Ah, yes! You just highlighted one of the very best use cases for Fillout — updating Airtable records in real-time! 🙂 No scripts needed, no automations needed, no extra tables needed, no deletion of records needed. It's all built in natively! 🙂