Help

Re: List Tables given API Key and BaseID?

2689 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lydon_Bergin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there an API call/endpoint that will list all of the tables if given a BaseID, or do we need to wait until the Metadata API is public?

9 Replies 9
HHelb
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,
Did you find a way to get the tables?

thanks.

zgavin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This. The lack of a method in the API to reach multiple tables at any given time is extremely limiting.

David1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I came to ask this question as well. It appears Zapier is capable of doing this, do they have access to an undocumented part of the API?

Dave_Seeman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this - it seems pretty obvious that one might need to, for example, merely list the tables in a base. I wonder if Airtable has an API for their application but only exposes the base API’s for now. One should also be able to list bases for that matter.

Mitch_Conquer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also need this for a convenience application for a client. One of the reasons they went with Airtable was because it had a good API. This is very frustrating.

Paul_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Anyone find a way to do this yet?

You can sign up for beta access to the base schema API here: https://airtable.com/shrLK2dGvhx46S6bU

Hi @Kasra I have tried several times to sign up for beta access to the base schema API, but have not received any response. I would very much like to test this API. We use Airtable with different clients as a simple CMS for data-driven sites. Retrieving lists of tables would allow us to greatly simplify the setup process.

Lucas_Garron
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Since Airtable doesn’t support exports/backups yet, I’m writing myself a backup tool to make sure that I have access to my data in an emergency. However, the fact that I can’t list tables using the API can easily result in missing data.

If Airtable doesn’t plan to provide an easy way to download all your data (à la Google Takeout, Twitter Archive, and Facebook “Download Your Information”) in the near future, it would be a good show of faith to make the API powerful enough to find and download all data for a user (or at least all data in a base) programmatically.