1792 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_Cool
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone figured out how to move an AirTable table onto an SQL database. I use Air-table for everything, but I’m starting to run into issues with the 100 record limit that Airtable imposes. Unfortuntely, it is a proprietary plugin making the API requests and it generates an error when the user retrieves over 100 records at a time (leaving many records blank).

Does anyone have codebase or ideas on how to ‘sync’ Airtable records into an SQL database, which can then be queried by a web app that displays dynamic content. I don’t want to move away from Airtable as a CMS because its so easy for other project collaborators to use for data entry.

28 Replies 28
Abhishek
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Did anyone found a solution to this?

acco
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey @Abhishek

If you’re looking to do this in the simplest possible way in just a one-off fashion, you can:

1. Export your tables as a CSV
  2. Use a tool like TablePlus to import those CSVs into your Postgres database.

Note that this strategy will mean you lose types – everything will just be imported as type text.

We wanted to go further and sync Airtable to a Postgres db in real-time. So we built a service that does just that – Sync Inc. In just a couple clicks, we’ll setup a hosted Postgres database containing all your Airtable data, kept in sync in real-time. (Here’s the post in this community about it.)

Cheers,
Anthony

stollerd
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We are using CData’s JSON ODBC Driver for SQL Server and it works perfectly. Complete ETL automation including scheduling within SQL Server. I would recommend downloading the trial to see if you can get it working prior to purchasing.

AntonScatton

Hi there,

I did a migration from Airtable to https://supabase.io/ using https://uibakery.io/move-airtable-to-postgresql . It works perfectly and it’s free.

Is there a way to send the data from Supabase to Airtable in real-time? Like each time a new row is created in Supabase, it creates a record on Airtable.

I’m building a similar solution with https://nocodebase.xyz/, you can clone your airtable database to a new SQL databaes and it automatically creates an API for you, which lets you do SQL queries on the API url ( no coding skill needed )

It currently does not automatically update whenever your airtable database is updated, but will do soon.

yanu

For anybody still looking for a solution here: I built two-directional syncing between Airtable and Postgres / MySQL with Bracket. Whenever a change is made to either source, we update the other side in close to real-time. You also have controls over merge conflicts.

Also, if you’re not sure how to set up your SQL database, happy to help with that, too. We’ve set up DBs for free for a number of companies.

There are a few people in this community that might benefit from this, so would love to chat :slightly_smiling_face: my email is ian@usebracket.com.

What is the pricing model like? Is it like sequin.io?

yanu

Hey Hendrik, we’re cheaper than Sequin – we start at $10 / user!