Help

Welcome to the Airtable Community! If you're new here, check out our Getting Started area to get the most out of your community experience.

Multiple columns of the table to x-axis of the chart

Topic Labels: Custom extensions
1058 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,
I have a table that I put numbers to all the columns daily.
And I have a problem making a chart out of this.

This table represents the visitor numbers of my website daily and I want to visualize the ratio of the visitor’s age group in total.

columns are
/Age 13-24 / Age 25-34 / Age 35-44 / Age 45-54 / Age 55-64 …

Primary row is the date.

I cannot figure out how I can make x-axis in chart same as my columns and show the sum of the everyday counts as y-axis?

1 Reply 1

Hi @Jessica_Shin,

The easiest way to solve your problem is to convert the structure of your data slightly, such that each data point is a single record, rather than having a record per day with multiple data points.

Here’s what you’d need to do to make that happen:

• Create a single-select field where the options represent all the age groups you are tracking (ie, the options have the same names as the fields you currently use to track age ranges)
  • Supposing you have 6 age ranges you are tracking, every day you will make 6 records corresponding to the current date, instead of one — one record for each age range, selected by single-select, for the current day.

With that setup, you’ll be able to set up a graph where you can see your total visits per day aggregated by the age-ranges that make up the total.